The mandatory conformity assessment program within the scope of the Machinery Directive covers products listed in Annex IV of the Directive. These include:
- Mechanical, hydraulic and pneumatic presses, including press brakes, for cold metal working;
- Injection molding machines or presses for plastic products, with manual feeding or receiving;
- Injection molding machines or presses for rubber products, with manual feeding or receiving;
- Circular saws, band saws;
- planing machines
- milling machines
- Lifts for servicing vehicles;
- Devices for the lifting of persons or of persons and goods involving a hazard of falling from a vertical height of more than three metres
as well as:
- Protective devices designed to detect the presence of persons;
- Logic units to ensure safety functions.
A summary of the positive mandatory assessment of a product within the scope of the Machinery Directive is the issuance of an EC Type Examination Certificate.